Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Last Metablog

discussion_clouds_big.png            I have noticed that I usually blog about a specific issue rather than an overarching theme. Lately I have been going to the New York Times online because there are many topics featured there that have related to our class, like the post I wrote about America's credit score which reminded me of the short documentary "Detroit: The Troubled City".
        I definitely think that-that topic is worth revisiting because there are so many ways in which the recession has affected everyone in the nation, not to mention the troubles of a major city. I have also noticed that recently I have more directly related my blog topics to class rather than mention our class discussions in passing.
           I am very happy about that discovery because I feel like I have participated more and become more involved in class.  I think our class and our motto (I think of it that way) is like the picture because we jump into discussions that are taking place globally and I think that will really help in the future with being a part of a (global) voice.
          My favorite blog is Every Man For Himself! because it can be related to so many topics, not only our books/discussions in class. I have enjoyed this class and I am still amazed at the topics that we covered, the depth of our conversations, and I think we showed how intelligent and discerning highschoolers (and other young folks) can be and are, no matter what age.
          I hope to see you all next year!

1 comment: